Infant/ Toddler Program
At Kradle To Krayon we strongly believe that many “special ingredients” go into caring for children at such a young age. Our Infant Program provides your little one with a very loving, nurturing and caring environment to help them build and develop their minds and bodies.
Our program allows your baby to develop at their own pace and to help them build strong bonds with other children and their caregivers by using positive and supportive interactions which builds trust and self-esteem.
Our Teachers are dedicated in enhancing your baby’s development by helping and guiding them to discover and explore the new big world around them. Your baby will be encouraged to move freely around the room, to play and explore with the age-appropriate toys that are right at the their level to help them build independence and to help generate interest and curiosity. All of these opportunities provide your child with the maximum learning experience and provide your baby with a lot of stimulation throughout their day.
Our Teachers use daily reports as a great written communication tool between you the parent and the caregiver. Our Teachers note your child’s day to day activities, diaper changes, feedings, naps, and new milestones.
Although your little one makes up their own day to day schedule our
Teachers always make time for “one on one” with your child to:
- Read a story
- Sing a song- Lullaby/ABC’s
- Tummy time
- Rock to sleep
- Cuddle & Smile together
- Imitate each other
- Be caring, loving, nurturing and understanding
- Play time-with always enough time for a great game of peek-a-boo!
Call us today for more information!
2-3 YEAR OLD CLASSROOM
At K2K our Toddler Program provides your child with the love and understanding that is needed for this age group. We understand the frustrating times that toddlers have with expressing their feelings and putting their feelings into words, so our well balanced and structured curriculum focuses on this and provides stimulating activities to not only keep their minds busy but their little fingers and bodies as well.
We have designed the toddler classroom with the toddler child in mind, providing them with the developmentally age-appropriate toys that can be found on easy accessible shelves that are right at the child’s level to help promote independence which will help to build confidence and self-esteem in your child.
Our Teachers help and guide your child to learn and develop at their own pace and to encourage your toddler to be curious, to explore, to be independent, to play, to share, to take turns and how to communicate with others and most importantly to help them to discover new, fun and exciting things in the world around them.
Through this active developmental approach your child will learn to feel comfortable with others as well as with their teachers. They will learn to express their feeling and to welcome new experiences.
Our program will help to nourish your child’s social, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs, by providing many opportunities in:
Our Preschool curriculum is based on providing a very hands-on learning environment for the children; this means that your child is provided with a very structured and stimulating preschool experience. Providing them with a weekly based theme curriculum. By providing this very structured and stimulating environment it keeps the children busy and interested in learning new and exciting things.
Our curriculum also provides the children with many different opportunities to explore and helps guide them to be more independent and to encourage them to be more self-confident in themselves and their choices.
Our well balanced preschool curriculum helps to encourage the children to socialize and communicate with others- to make friends, to get involved with group activities, to help them develop social and cooperating skills such as sharing, listening and following directions. Our preschool curriculum not only provides your child with the maximum learning experience on a day to day basis, but also helps them develop the needed skills to prepare your child for Kindergarten and in life experiences.
Our classroom is set up into “Fun Learning Centers” within the preschool room - giving the children extra additional structured learning areas
- Block Center - children build with blocks and create buildings, roadways - once their imaginations take off the possibilities are endless.
- Science & Math Center - children learn counting skills and gain a love for science with fun science projects and experiments.
- Dramatic Play - Pretend play is great to build a child’s imagination- dress-up clothes, shoes, pretend food, cups etc. are all provided.
- Art & Crafts Center - children express themselves and to use paint and other materials to create their very own special masterpieces.
- Music Area - children move freely- to dance, follow directions with a record, use a parachute, use musical instruments etc.
- Language & Writing Center - children learn how to recognize and sound out letters, numbers, colors, shapes and other concepts and will also practice writing their name and small sentences.
- Manipulative Center - this area is great for the children to feel independent and to make a choice for themselves by choosing fun learning materials located on the easy accessible shelves right at the child’s level.
- Library Area - children sit and relax in this area and read a good book, either by themselves, with a teacher or with that special friend.
- Circle Time Area - children learn about the days of the week, date, month, weather etc. (calendar time) They sing songs and discuss the weeks theme, new topics, letters, numbers, shapes, - a great opportunity for the teachers and the children to interact and communicate with each other one on one.
- Sensory Table - this table is always filled with new and exciting things for the children to explore and play with- water, rice, scraps for cutting and snow are just a few fun things that we place in the sensory table.
Each “Fun Learning Center
” mentioned above was designed for the children to learn new and exciting things and to most importantly to have fun while doing so. At Kradle To Krayon
our Preschool Program provides the children with the readiness that they will need once they are ready to start Kindergarten.
Our School-Age Program is for children ages 5-12 years old that attend school. We provide care for: summer, afterschool, holiday, and days that school is closed due to weather, holidays, or breaks.
Our program provides your school-age child with many opportunities for creative, recreational and restful activities as appropriate to meet the needs of each child.
Our goal for this age group is to have the children interact with each other, to make friends and to work in small groups together. Our program promotes individual choice, independence, socialization, problem solving, decision making and the over all self-confidence and self-esteem that is needed for every child in the world today.
Our Teachers are dedicated in making sure that the school-age child has fun and that coming to our center is not a duplication of their day at school. Our Teachers also set aside special time to help the children with any homework assignments that they may have.
The children will have many opportunities to participate in many different activities such as:
- Arts & Crafts
- Music & Movement
- Outdoor Fun / Indoor Play Area
- The centers within the classroom
(block area, dramatic play, manipulative play, library etc.)
- Free Time / choosing their own activities
(board games, relaxing or reading a good book).
- Homework Time
Call us today for more information!